Friday, September 26, 2008

Setback - Part Deux

Good news hasn't been forthcoming lately. The dear old foot was still giving me a lot of trouble - especially the part where I couldn't move my toes - so I got sent to an orthopedic surgeon. They did another set of x-rays. I got to see them this time. I should win a prize. I didn't do this halfway. There are three breaks. Four more weeks in the boot. This is honestly becoming frustrating. Right now my prospects for the Turkey Trot are looking bleak. I can start running in November, which will give me about sixteen weeks to be ready for the half marathon. I'm afraid at this point I'll essentially be starting from scratch, which may mean I'll be doing the 5K the day before and meeting my girls at the finish line for the half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment